Right now, our team, and many other companies are working remotely due to COVID-19. While some people may enjoy working remotely, for others it may be more challenging.
Here are 3 ways to encourage your team to get to know each other and have fun while working remotely.
1. Host a Virtual Spirit Week!
This week-long virtual event was a big hit with our team. It’s super easy to put together (just need a couple simple images) and your team supplies most of the content. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Create the main virtual spirit week image that matches your company’s branding and color scheme. In this image, include the dates that you will be hosting the event and 5 themes for each day of the week. Here is a huge list of themes you can use for inspiration: 75 Spirit Day Ideas
2. You’ll want to send out this image to your team 3-5 days prior to the event start date. Put together an email that encourages everyone to dress up according to the themes each day and share selfies.
3. Create a collage image for each day’s theme – one that you can quickly insert the pictures shared every day. Here’s what our collages looked like.
2. Start a Weekly Question Friday
This idea is so easy to get started. All you need to do is send out an email every Friday morning with a clever question for your team. You’ll want to choose a question that they can answer with an image or GIF.
Then you compile an email with all of your team’s answers and send it out in the afternoon. (We send it out at 3pm).
Here’s an example of a Question Friday email:
3. Start an I-Spy Game
This is very similar to the Question Friday idea, but your team will need to search their nearby surroundings for the item described. We send an email out on Wednesday mornings for this game and the answers a little after noon.